Using Lumi can be an adjustment at first, but you’ll get the hang of it right away. We’ll go over step-by-step instructions on what to do before, during, and after at-home IPL treatment, plus a video to help you visualize the whole process.
Before Starting IPL:
Be sure to shave any visible hair before use.
Ensure your hair is completely clean and dry, free of any creams or gels.
For best results, exfoliate the skin 24 hours before using your IPL handset.
1) Plug your Lumi in and hold the power button to turn it on. (Once your Lumi is turned on, you’ll notice the indicator light is solid and the intensity levels light up between the buttons.)
2) If this is your first session, make sure the intensity level is set to 1. Click the power button to switch through intensity levels – the blue lights on the front will indicate which intensity level your device is currently set to, from 1-6 (low-high).
For fastest results, we recommend using the highest intensity level you feel comfortable with. Plan on gradually increasing the intensity level with each new session, as long as the experience wasn’t painful.
3) When you’re ready, place the light window completely flat against your skin. The pink light will begin to blink, indicating that the handset is ready to be used.
4) Click the Pulse button quickly to begin IPL treatment. Lift the device slightly after each pulse and move it to a different area of skin to avoid overheating. Continue until the entire intended area has been treated.
5) Once you’ve finished, press and hold the power button to turn off your handset and disconnect your device from the power supply.
After Using Lumi:
Use an aloe-based cream or lotion like our Aloe Coconut Body Lotion immediately following IPL treatment to help your skin heal and minimize any feelings of discomfort.
Avoid strong sun exposure.
Consistency is key – plan on repeating the IPL treatment process 1-2 times per week for twelve weeks for best results.