FAQ About IPL Laser Hair Removal
1. How Does the IPL Handset Work?The IPL Laser Hair Removal Handset uses the same clinical-grade technology you'd get at an appointment with the dermatologist but concentrated in a safe, hand-held package. It uses concentrated light energy, known as Intense Pulsed Light, that is absorbed by the melanin in the cells and transformed into heat. This damages the hair follicles that are overactive and dramatically slows down hair growth.
The IPL Handset is ideal for removing hairs from all areas of the body and has two modes. Stamp mode is designed for precision areas that need to be carefully groomed, like the underarms and lip. Glide mode is designed for longer treatments over large areas like the legs and arms.
2. How Long Do Intense Pulsed Light Treatments Take?Treatments with the handset should take only minutes per area, depending on the size being covered, and a full body treatment takes around thirty minutes depending on the amount of hair.
Treatments should be done weekly for the first twelve weeks, and you'll see a reduction in hair growth immediately. After twelve sessions, monitor your hair growth and perform touch-ups as needed, but after this point, regular treatments should be complete.
3. How Long Do the Results Last?Unlike stronger laser treatments, the IPL Laser Hair Removal Handset is designed to deactivate the hair follicle without causing permanent damage, so results will not be as long-lasting as clinical options. However, this treatment lasts longer than any other at-home hair removal device, and results for many clients last for years.
Future hair growth will be lighter and slower, making it easy for customers to continue using the product for touching up previous jobs and removing excess hair without needing to repeat full-length treatments.
4. What Does the Device Come With?The IPL Laser Hair Removal Handset is an all-in-one device with no easily breakable parts that will need a replacement. It comes with a one-piece handset that is designed to be applied directly to the skin, a universal plug that will work in any wall outlet, a user guide describing everything you need for safe use, and a warranty card. The device comes with a one-year full warranty for manufacturer defects along with a ninety-day money-back guarantee.
5. How Does the Treatment Feel?One of the big drawbacks of many laser hair removal systems is that they can be painful or leave abrasions on the skin. The IPL Laser Hair Removal Handset is designed to be comfortable and not leave any symptoms after treatment that would affect you either physically or cosmetically. The treatment feels like a warming sensation on the skin.
6. How Long Will the Device Last?The IPL Laser Hair Removal Handset is built to last for years with no replacement parts needed, and the laser battery that powers it has over 300,000 flashes built in before it needs to be replaced. With regular use, this means a ten-year lifespan with no refills or repairs needed. If the device is used according to the included manual, it is a one-time purchase for most customers with no additional costs.
7. Is the Device Safe and Certified?This handset is an adapted version of the technology used at hundreds of clinics and doctors' offices around the world and is certified as safe for home use. Clinical studies have proven it's an effective long-term option for reducing hair growth and removing unwanted hair. With over ten thousand customers and high ratings on all major review sites, the IPL Laser Hair Removal Handset is one of the top options for at-home hair removal.
We pride ourselves on producing products that are safe for the customer and the environment. That's why this device is certified by the FCC for safe use, certified CE for environmental standards, and free of hazardous substances to RoHS standards.